I do not know about you, but I hate when I get cold. And I am not referring to getting out in the cold; that I like. I simply hate the fact that no matter what clothes I wear and what winter boots I have on my feet, at some point, I still end up freezing. That does not happen with the entire body, but only with my hands and feet. My hands are easy to re-warm, which means my biggest frustration is the fact that my feet get as cold as ice no matter what boots I wear.
Lucky for me, and other people like me, we now have heated clothes and accessories, and studies have shown that they are capable of improving the body’s temperature to a point where you do not feel as uncomfortable. And that brings me to my favorite type of heated accessories: heated insoles.
The many uses of heated insoles
You can probably think of many uses a pair of heated insoles can have. There are many occasions where they come in handy. They bring a lot of benefits that you can enjoy, and they will make winter a little bit more bearable. Here are some of the occasions perfect for a pair of heated insoles.
- Winter sports – as you may already know, there are ski socks that provide plenty of insulation, but for some reason, that is not enough. Not for me, anyway. And I heard a lot of people complaining about the lack of heat when it comes to skiing or other winter sports. No matter how good the boots are and how many pairs of socks you have, your feet still suffer. That is why a pair of heated insoles are perfect. They will warm your feet and keep them warm while you are having fun. You no longer have to abandon the fun just because your feet are freezing.
- Mountain climbing – you have never experienced cold like when you are mountain climbing. And I am not referring to the mountains found in warm climates. That activity presents enough challenges, and cold should be the last thing on your mind. However, you would be surprised to know how many people lose toes to frostbite. That is unfortunate, and now entirely preventable. Heated insoles will keep your feet warm at all times, especially if you invest in a pair of high-quality heated insoles. Some models come with a remote and a thermostat so that cold feet should be the last thing on your mind when you are mountain climbing.
- Patrol officers – it does not matter what kind of officer you are, but if you have to go on patrol during freezing weather, a pair of heated insoles is a gift from God. You and I both know that sometimes when the temperature outside is below freezing, it does not matter that you are moving. Your feet will still get cold. And that is the last thing you need while you are working.
- The military–training is exposed to all kinds of circumstances, and sometimes cold is one of them. I do not know to what extent you are allowed to wear heated insoles, but there is no kind of training in this world that is worth losing a toe for.
- Everyday activities – who is to say that an average person cannot wear heated insoles? I do and is one of the best things I wear during those cold winter days. It does not matter whether you are just cleaning the snow out of the driveway, or taking a walk with your dog. All that matter is that your feet stay warm. I like wearing them when I go to the store, or when I play with the kids in the snow. When it is cold outside, the heated insoles go into my boots, period.
Heated insoles provide a level of comfort that is difficult to top. In my life, I invested in high-quality boots, waterproof boots, furry boots, and whatever else promised me warmth. However, none of those options provided as much heat and comfort as the heated insoles. So if you want to invest in something that brings you comfort during winter, then I recommend that you invest in the best-heated insoles you can afford.
How to choose the best-heated insoles
There are numerous models of heated insoles out there. They all come with innovative technology and promise you warmth. Most of them can deliver, but choosing the right model for you is not as easy as it may seem. You need to establish some criteria. With that in mind, here is what you need to consider before making a purchase.
- Built-in battery vs. external battery – heated insoles come with different technologies. Some insoles have a built-in battery, but some of them do not. The first ones are easier to handle, you do not have to worry about where you are going to place the battery. However, they are more expensive. The models that need to be connected to external batteries are cheaper, but you need to figure out a place where to put the batteries. Also, it may take a while to install them, and not everyone has the skill to do it. A first-time installation can take from half an hour to 45 minutes.
- Size – some heated insoles come in your size, which is great, but some come in a universal size, and you need to adjust (cut) them in a designated area. Usually, the heating pad is located at the front, so you need to cut the heel. I recommend that you buy the former type so that you can cut it using one of the insoles of your boot. That is why it is more precise than a particular size.
- Waterproof – you will not be able to keep your feet warm if you get wet. That is just logical. That is why I recommend that you search for waterproof heated insoles. They will not allow the water to enter, which is also better for the circuit inside. After all, this is a gadget, and water will damage it.
- Construction – this is an aspect we look at in everything we buy. We spend money, so we expect something of high quality. It is the same with heated insoles. There is no point to buy a pair of heated insoles if they are made of low-quality materials, and they will tear after just one winter. I suppose you want them to last longer, so pay attention to materials and construction.
What are the best-heated insoles?
If you do an online search, you will see that there are numerous models. Technology advances every year, so something better will always come up. If choosing seems hard for you, here are three of the best-heated insoles I could find. I included the pair I have because they are the best indeed.
Warmwear Wireless Rechargeable Heated Insoles
I decided to start with the heated insoles I got because I know them best. The Warmwear heated insoles do not need an external battery. They have a built-in battery that you need to recharge before use. I find that very comfortable because I did not have to struggle with the installation. I just adjusted the insoles according to my foot size and that was it? Whenever the battery discharges, just plug them in, and you are good to go the next day. Simple as that.
The installation itself is very simple. You do not need markers or anything. You get to choose between small, medium, large or extra large, and then just cut along the line that matches the size of your foot. All that is left to do is put the heated insoles inside your boots. Whether you remove the boots’ insoles or not, is your choice.
The insoles have amazing features. They have an advanced far-infrared heating element for a gentle and even heat distribution. The charging is very simple. All you have to do is remove the side socket (there is no battery removal,) and use a micro-USB cable. You can plug the insoles into your USB wall plug, PC, or laptop. If you plan on using the insoles for an extended period, you can use an external battery for charging on the go. A LED indicator will let you know if the insoles are on or charging. The insoles will stay warm for two and a half hours, but if you switch them to short bursts (eco mode), they will keep you warm for longer. The design is waterproof.
Therm-ic Sole Perform Heated Insoles
The Therm-ic heated insoles have a different design than the previous model. The batteries for this one are external, and you have to go through the installation before use. Usually, people install them on a particular pair of boots, like ski boots for example, and never take them out. It is pretty convenient because this model is relatively cheap. You can buy multiple pairs and only use the same batteries for all of your boots. The installation is not difficult, but it may take some of your time.
These heated insoles have a sturdy construction. They are made of EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) which is a material used for reinforcing other materials, so you know it will hold. There is also some textile, and the heating element is a printed circuit board. The insole is reinforced with steel cable, and it has an enamel finish. Even so, the insoles are very comfortable.
For these insoles to provide heat, you need to purchase a Thermic SmartPack, which is not included in the package, so you will have to buy it separately. It is relatively expensive, but you still have to purchase it. Otherwise, you will have insoles without the heated part. Overall, this is an excellent product, which is why I recommend it.
Venture 12V Heated Insoles
This model is one of the cheapest alternatives. However, according to people who have already bought this pair of heated insoles, they work like a charm. A pair of warm socks is all you need. There is no need for heavy socks anymore. You still need to buy the batteries, though. This pair does not come with an energy source.
The heating elements are placed throughout the insole. That way you will not feel the heat only at the heel or the front. The heat will be evenly circulated, which provides more comfort and protection. The insoles are made with high-quality materials. The polyurethane foam makes the insoles comfortable by absorbing the shocks. The shape of the insole follows the shape of your foot, which means your feet will receive maximum support and flexibility.
Overall, these heated insoles will provide exactly what you need, which is warmth and comfort. You can use them on various occasions, and you can have fun without getting your feet frozen. The price is affordable, and the quality-price ratio is excellent.
Since I already own the Warmwear Wireless Rechargeable Heated Insoles, I cannot make another recommendation. They are an amazing pair of heated insoles. They have the best features, they work like a charm, and your feet will stay warm at all times. That is why I believe they are one of the best-heated insoles on the market. I strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to forget everything about cold temperatures.
I think it is amazing that we have all these gadgets that make our activities more enjoyable. I remember how it was to go skiing without heated insoles, and it does not even begin to compare. The heated insoles make the experience ten times more enjoyable. That is why I recommend you buy your own. I made my recommendation, but whichever product you choose, you will be very satisfied with your purchase.